AUCTIVA iPAD 2 GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SWEEPSTAKES ARE OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. AGED 18 OR OLDER.
BY ENTERING THIS GIVEAWAY YOU MUST AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH CREATE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
- Sponsor: Auctiva Corp., 360 E. 6th Street, Chico, CA 95928, ("Sponsor" or "Auctiva") is the sponsor and is solely responsible for all aspects of the Auctiva iPad 2 Giveaway ("Giveaway").
- Giveaway Description: The purpose of the Giveaway is to encourage Auctiva users to try out the new Integrated Shipping Label feature. One (1) lucky winner (individual) will receive a grand prize in accordance with these Rules.
Eligibility: The Giveaway is open only to residents of the 50 United States (and the district of Columbia), except for Florida, who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Employees, officers and representatives of the Sponsor and its related companies, as well as their employees and immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible.
The Giveaway is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in Florida, Puerto Rico, overseas U.S. territories, possessions, commonwealths, military installations and where prohibited by law.
THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY.
- Promotional Period: The Giveaway commences at 12:01 A.M., Pacific Time (PT) Zone in the United States, on Oct. 1, 2011, and ends at 11:59 P.M. (PT) on Oct. 31, 2011 (the "Promotional Period"). There is no maximum number of aggregate entries specified by the sponsor; all valid entries received during the stated period shall be eligible for the Giveaway. One winner will be selected from all valid entries received during the Giveaway period.
Entries by using Auctiva's Integrated Shipping Label Tool: Any eligible Auctiva subscriber who generates a shipping label using Auctiva's Integrated Shipping Label tool during the promotional period will automatically receive one (1) entry in the Giveaway.
Entries by mail: Alternatively, you may enter the Sweepstakes by sending a 3"x5" postcard with your full name, postal address (including: street, apartment/suite number, city, state and zip code), phone number, and e-mail address to:
AUCTIVA iPAD 2 GIVEAWAY
360 E. 6th Street
Chico, CA 95928
All mailed entries must be postmarked by Oct. 24, 2011, and received by Oct. 31, 2011.
Eligibility: Only one registration per person will be accepted, regardless of the method of entry.
Selection of the Winner:
Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries made during the promotional period in accordance with these Official Rules on Nov. 10, 2011. Sponsor's selection of potential winners in accordance with these Official Rules is final and will be binding on all participants. Winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail address associated with their Auctiva account or specified in entry.
Odds of winning in this Giveaway depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Giveaway.
In order to claim his/her prize, except where prohibited, potential winners must sign and return to Sponsor, within five (5) days of being notified, an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release and that all taxes and any applicable withholding and reporting requirements are the sole responsibility of the winner. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to sign and return the affidavits within the required time period, Sponsor may, at its sole and absolute discretion, select an alternate entrant from among all eligible entries received for the Giveaway.
For winner's name, log onto Auctiva's Facebook wall or Auctiva EDU on or about Nov. 10, 2011, available for a period of up to 60 days. This Giveaway is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Auctiva reserves the right to cancel the Giveaway or modify these rules at its discretion.
Prizes and Approximate Retail Value: Grand Prize: The declared winner will be awarded a grand prize, which will be an Apple iPad 2 64GB WiFi+3G. Approximate retail value of the iPad 2 is $829 as of Sept. 21, 2011.
All taxes and any applicable withholding and reporting requirements are the sole responsibility of the winner. All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the winner.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event all or part of a prize becomes unavailable. Prizes are awarded without warranty of any kind from Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation, except where this would be contrary to federal, state, provincial, or local laws or regulations. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
Conditions of Participation:
By entering the Giveaway, you agree to the official rules. The official rules consist of the terms and conditions on this page. Entry into the Giveaway constitutes permission for and consent to the Sponsor and its agencies to use the winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown, state and winning images, without any additional compensation or additional notice, except where prohibited by law, for promotional purposes on the Sponsor's official Web site and social media outlets worldwide, including but not limited to Auctiva EDU and Facebook.
- No Recourse to Judicial or other Procedures: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief, or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Giveaway are hereby excluded, and any participant expressly waives any and all such rights. Participants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of California, USA.
Warranty and Indemnity: To the maximum extent permitted by law, each participant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, agents, directors, officers, employees and representatives and assigns harmless at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the participant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each participant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives and assigns harmless at all times from and against any liability, actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses for or in respect of which the Sponsor will or may become liable by reason of or related or incidental to any act, default or omission by a participant under these Official Rules including without limitation resulting from or in relation to any breach, non-observance, act or omission whether negligent or otherwise, pursuant to these official rules by a participant.
Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Giveaway or in the announcement of the prize.
Elimination: Any false information provided within the context of the Giveaway by any participant concerning identity, Auctiva subscription details, postal address, telephone number, or non-compliance with these rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the participant from the Giveaway. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any Entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, or otherwise does not comply with these official rules.
A participant may be prohibited from participating in this Giveaway if, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the participant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of this Giveaway by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other participants, the Sponsor or associated agencies. In the event a winner/potential winner's employer has a policy, which prohibits the awarding of a prize to an employee, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
- Internet: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission. Sponsor is not responsible for inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof, except to the extent that any death or personal injury is caused by the negligence of the Sponsor. If, for any reason, the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Caution: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Enforceability: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
These Official Rules will be posted on the Auctiva Web site at https://www.auctiva.com/contests/iPad2Giveaway.aspx during the Giveaway Period. Copies of the Official Rules may also be obtained by writing to: Auctiva iPad 2 Giveaway, 360 E. 6th Street, Chico, CA 95928 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.