Back to Help
Adding inventory is a good idea if you sell many similar items and want to track your stock levels. You can also have notices sent to you when your inventory levels get low. This tutorial will show you how to add an inventory item.
You can add a variety of different inventory types, such as kits and assemblies.
Step 1. Add inventory item.
- Hover you mouse over the eBay Sales tab and click on the "Add Item" link under the Inventory heading (Figure 1). The Add Inventory Item page will load.
Figure 1. Go to the Add Inventory Item page.
Step 2. Enter item information.
- Item Name: Enter the name of your item. This field is required.
- Type: Choose what type of inventory item you are adding. You can only select one option per item. Here are the options:
- Standard: This item type is an item that can be sold as an individual item. Standard inventory items can be added to Kits and Assemblies.
- Kit: This item type contains a collection of Standard inventory items.
- Assembly: This item type is a collection of Standard items, Parts and/or other Assembly items.
- Part: This item type is for items that can only be sold in an Assembly.
Figure 2. Item types.
Step 3. Enter product IDs.
Note: If your Inventory Settings are configured to use only Custom IDs for inventory items, you will only see the Custom ID field in this section (Figure 3.1). If you have set up your Inventory Settings to include all the Product ID options, you will see all of the fields below (Figure 3.2).
- Preferred ID: Choose which Product ID will be required for this inventory item. Your selection for this field will determine which ID options are required.
- Custom ID: Enter the unique product ID you will use to keep track of this item. This field is required if your Inventory settings are set up to use only Custom IDs. You can create your own Custom ID, or Auctiva will generate one for you when you click on the Generate button.
- SKU: Enter in a Stock Keeping Unit (SKU), if necessary.
- UPC: Enter in the Universal Product Code (UPC), if necessary.
- ISBN: Enter in the International Standard Book Number (ISBN), if necessary.
Figure 3.1. Custom ID only.
Figure 3.2. All Product ID options.
Step 4. Enter notification details.
- Use the drop-down menu to select how you want Auctiva to notify you when your inventory reaches low stock levels. These are the options:
- None: Notifications will not be sent to you.
- Pop-up: Notifications will be sent to you via pop-up windows when you are logged in and browsing the Auctiva site.
- Email: Notifications will be sent to you via email messages.
- Email and pop-up: Notifications will be sent to you via email messages and pop-up windows.
- Post Threshold: When postings reach this value, you will be notified that it is time to reorder. Enter the desired quantity in this field. If you used Auctiva's Inventory wizard, the quantity is entered by default. This field is required.
- Stock Threshold: When your available quantity reaches this value, you will be notified that it is time to reorder. Enter the desired quantity here. If you have used Auctiva's Inventory wizard, the quantity is entered by default. This field is required.
Figure 4. Notification options.
Step 5: Enter Initial Adjustment information.
- Receipt Date: This is the date your item was added. Auctiva will enter the appropriate date by default. You can change it, if necessary.
- Stock Quantity: Enter the number of items you have in stock. This field is required.
- Currency: Choose your preferred currency from the drop-down menu provided. If you used the Inventory Wizard, this preference will already be entered.
- Unit Cost: Enter the cost-per-unit. This field is required.
- Unit Tax: Enter the tax amount you will charge buyers per item.
- Unit Shipping: Enter the cost of shipping and handling per unit.
- Other Cost: Enter any additional costs for your item.
Figure 5. Initial Adjustment options.
Step 6. Specify item details.
- Click on the "Show Item Details" link to expand this section, if necessary.
- Master Profile: Select the Master Profile you want to associate with this item.
- Target Price: Enter the target price. This value represents the planned selling price for the item. It's solely used for reporting purposes. Buyers will not see it.
- Image: Choose the appropriate image by clicking on the Choose Image button. The Image Selection window will pop up (Figure 6). Find the image you want to add and click on the thumbnail image to select it.
- Description: Enter the description for your item. You can use up to 500 characters.
- Item Notes: Enter any notes you may have about your item. You can use up to 500 characters.
- Consignment: Select this checkbox if this is a consignment item. When this is selected, you can select a consignor for this item.
- Folder: Choose the appropriate folder for your item.
- Click on the Save button.
Figure 6. Item Details.
Your saved inventory item will be displayed on the Manage Inventory Items page. This completes the task of creating a new inventory item.
Back to Help