Frequently Asked Question:
Can Auctiva protect me from accidently losing my in-progress listing description?
If you've ever lost an in-progress listing due to a power outage, Internet connectivity problem, account time-out, or simple human error, you know how frustrating and time-consuming starting over from scratch can be.
We now offer an easy way to save your listing description, so if you lose a listing you were in the middle of creating, you can restore the text that was in your description editor the next time you log into your account. By default, this setting is disabled.
To enable the Auto-Save feature:
- Hover your cursor over the My Account tab and click on "Account Preferences."
- In the Listing Management section, find the "Automatically Save Description" setting and choose "Yes" from the drop-down menu.
- Be sure to save your changes by clicking on the "Update Account Preferences" button at the bottom of the Account Preferences box.
To recover an automatically saved description:
- Log into your Auctiva account.
- Hover your cursor over the Listings tab and select the section you were working on the listing (Saved, New, etc.)
- Once you open the listing, scroll down to the Description editor box and find the Auto-Save restoration tool at the bottom.
- You can preview the text that was auto-saved the last time you were working on it.
- If you do want to restore the text, click on "Yes" and your saved text will be placed into the description editor.
- If you don't want to restore the saved text, click "No" and the auto save box will close.